Saturday, February 25, 2012

Accidental Sky-Dock-Tree


As go so many things in my life,
this picture went its own way . . .

I was aiming for morning--a river-scape
but my camera went all Swedish somber on me--
big dark sky (drama back-lit so that you think
there just might be something on the other side),
lonely, tiny dock-crane silhouettes,
and, fighting the potential glory behind,
one and a half blasted trees.

The rest of the pictures were color--
and fairly happy.

This one . . . is what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is truly "a shot in the dark". My name is Alan Noll; I live in Elgin, SC; was born at Fort Jackson Army Hospital on March 2, 1956 and have lived in the Columbia area most of my life. A number of year ago I was given two bundles of letters dating back to 1880. The letters represent correspondence between Mr. & Mrs. W. D. Brandenburg and others. In the mix I found a letter addressed to "Miss Helen Brandenburg", so on a whim I googled the name I found you. I would love to get these letters into the hands of the family. Hence, I am asking if you could be the Miss Helen or a relative there of this Brandenburg Family? I'm not certain how this blog think works, so here is a personal email at which you may contact me alannoll11@aol,com.